Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring cleaning


It's that time of the year when I go through my embarrassingly extensive collection of clothing and get rid of the things I haven't worn in at least two years. This time around I decided to divide my items into Goodwill and resale. Upon the recommendation of my fellow apparel obsessed friend Emily, I took the resale items to my local Crossroads (side note: I love the name cus it reminds me of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony) It was such a fantastic experience. I unloaded 4 trash bags of clothes (don't judge) at the front desk where the friendly and fashionable staff graciously accepted my once cherished hand-me-downs. As the buyers meticulously sifted through my stuff, I scanned the floor and was pleasantly surprised to discover a really eclectic selection of clothes, shoes and accessories (including designer pieces like an LV bag and a gorgeous braided leather Fendi belt) I happily found a funky pair of earrings, a neon yellow silk blouse, a printed maxi dress and a pair Sam Edelman sandals I'd really wanted to get last summer. The best part of the whole experience was that in addition to my new finds for the spring, I still had 10 bucks left over. As the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure. It's worth mentioning that the buyers donate the pieces they don't want to charity so you can feel good about that. There are Crossroads all over LA, and I highly recommend exploring what they have to offer in exchange for your wardrobe rejects.

FYI, go to Blogger Market in WeHo today where bloggers like Cheyenne Meets Chanel (one of my personal favorites) get together to sell their clothes etc. Check out the flyer at the bottom of this post!



 Big fan of the uneven hemline...
 and the adorable print 
 Love me some nike high tops 
 Not crazy about this floral print, but the dress underneath is gorgeous on
 Fantastic selection of accessories 
Perfect spring dress

No comments:

Post a Comment