Sunday, March 18, 2012

A great way to spend a rainy day

It's not very often that we Angelenos are faced with the challenge of figuring out what to do on a rainy day. Yesterday's unusual down pour was the perfect excuse to spend the morning drinking champagne and lunching in South Pasadena, a charming suburb located right off the 110 Freeway headed North from downtown. After sharing a delicious meal at Mike and Anne's, where the ambiance is lovely and the food is amazing, my mom and I passed by an adorable storefront and were drawn inside like moths to light. The boutique, Eleven8, has a fresh feminine feel. The walls are adorned with artwork and lined with dozens of adorable pieces in all different styles, cuts, fabrics and prints. Not to mention, there is an entire wall dedicated to scarves in every color you can imagine. After selecting the items I was taking home with me, I had the chance to briefly chat with employee/beautiful fashionista, Kristen Wolfe, and she was kind enough to let me photograph her (see below) Finding that perfect look is all about experimentation, and you'll never believe it, but that's her boyfriend's shirt she has on...kudos for taking a risk and pulling off a killer outfit (she also works for Redlight PR in Hollywood, an up and coming firm with clout in the fashion industry) So the next time it rains, whether it's tomorrow or two months from now, I definitely recommend a yummy meal at Mike and Anne's and some retail therapy at Eleven8 to make up for all that Vitamin D you're not getting.

http://www.eleven8.com/Eleven8/Welcome.html
http://www.mikeandannes.com/index.html
http://www.redlightpr.com/Mission.php

The gorgeous Miss Kristen Wolfe
 I want everything!
I regret not getting this skirt...I'm obsessed with polka dots right now
It looks really cute paired with this top
They also have lots of great accessories 
 Mike and Anne's
I had the Red Flannel...so.freakin.good.
My mom had the Albacore Tuna Melt...carbs, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment